India is said to be the place of lords and deities, as you can find numerous temples in India with their own historical importance. And it is quite amazing that each and every temple is visited by thousands of devotees every year.
If you are looking forward to visit the renowned historical temples of India, you can consider availing the makemytrip ecoupons. These offers will help you in saving money and enjoying a comfortable trip.
Few historical temples of India
Below given are some temples situated in India with their great historical importance –
- Temple of Vaishno Devi – the temple is one of the most visited temples in India. It is among the fifty one Shakti peeth situated in India. Vaishno Devi mandir is situated in the state of Jammu and Kashmir at an elevation of about 5300 feet and thus visiting the temple is like cracking the hard nut, but with the passage of time many facilities have been develop which makes your journey easy.
- Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple – the temple is situated in the heart of Kerala in the capital city of Thiruvananthapuram. The temple is the place for the devotees of lord Vishnu as it is one of the one hundred and eight Divya Desams situated in India. It is believed that the city of Thiruvananthapuram is named on the name of the temple.
- Dwarkadhish Temple – the temple is situated in the Gujarat in the city of dwarka. The temple is considered to be the western dham. It is the one dham of the char dham the holiest temples of Hindus.
- Shirdi Sai Baba – the temple is third richest temple, situated 369 km away from Mumbai and the best part of the temple is that it is visited by Hindus as well as the Muslims. The temple receives a high donation of around 350 crores round the year.
- Somnath temple – it is dedicated to lord Shiva and is considered as the jyotirlinga built by the lord moon. The temple is situated in Prabhas Kshetra in Maharashtra. The most amazing thing about the temple is that it is situated on the Shore of Arabian Sea. The place also offers various other things to amuse the visitors like Somnath museum, sound and light show etc.
- Temple of badrinath – the temple of badrinath is situated near the river Alaknanda in Uttarakhand in the Chamoli district. The best time to visit this holy place is from April to November.
- Ramanathaswamy Temple – Ramanathaswamy Temple commonly known as Rameshwaram is located in Tamil Nadu and is among the holiest pilgrimage (char dham) of Hindus.
- Siddhivinayak Temple – it is situated in Mumbai, Maharashtra and lord Ganesha is worshipped in the temple. The temple can be visited all round the year and on seven days but Tuesday is said to be most prominent day for visiting the temple.
- Jaggannath temple – the temple is situated in Orissa in Puri and is commonly known as Jaggannath Puri. The temple belongs to lord Krishna. Every year a rath yatra is conducted at puri and is famous all round the globe.
MakeMyTrip holiday packages can offer you the best deals for exploring these historical temples. You can easily avail these packages by going online.